RT Executor application may operate as a stand-alone testing system, on which both test plan management and test execution are performed. This application is self-contained, and does not co-operate with any external test management systems, such as Intent+.
Licensing Go to top
RT-Executor application is protected from unauthorized use using hardware key delivered with the product. Instructions for key installation and setup are provided on the HASP key setup page.
Installing of RT-Executor Go to top
Starting RT-Executor for the first time Go to top
After successful installation of the RT-Executor application, a shortcut to the application will be created on the Windows desktop. If the application is installed on the Windows7 or Windows 8 OS, the application should be configured to run with the Administrator privilege each time. To configure RT-Executor application to run with the Administrator privileges each time, follow these instructions:
- Right click with the mouse on the desktop shortcut of the RT-Executor application
- Select the Properties option
- In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab and mark the Run this program as an administrator option (Figure 1).
This procedure needs to be done only once and it will be saved for each next run of the RT-Executor.
To start the RT-Executor, double click on the shortcut located on the Windows desktop or click on the shortcut from the Start -> All Programs -> RT-RK -> RT-Executor. When the application has been run for the first time, user must select the option to use RT-Executor in the Stand Alone mode – SQL Lite (Figure 2).
After clicking on the Connect button, the application will be configured to run in the Stand Alone mode and will be ready to use (Figure 3).
Pre-defined parameters for RT-Executor Go to top
Stand alone RT-Executor uses predefined user credentials, and expects tests and configuration of test plans to be stored at specific locations in file-system. Parameters that are predefined:
- Username for application logging – test
- Password for application logging – 1234
- Installation folder of the application, which will be referred as EXECUTOR_ROOT. Typically, it is C:\Program Files (x86)\RT-RK\RT-Executor
- Folder which must contain all test cases – EXECUTOR_ROOT\Tests
- Folder which must contain all test plans configurations – EXECUTOR_ROOT\Configuration
In further text, we will refer to “stand-alone RT-Executor” simply as a “RT-Executor”.
Logging User On To RT-Executor Go to top
To start using application, user must be authenticated. As mentioned above, Stand Alone version of RT-Executor can be used only with singe predefined username and password and this data can not be changed.
- Username: test
- Password: 1234
To log onto RT-Executor application, follow next steps (Figure 4):
- Select item from menu User -> Log in
- Window User log in will appear where username and password need to be entered
- Enter valid user name (test) and password (1234) and click Log in. After successful logging, dialog will disappear and application is ready to be used
- To log of user from module, select item from menu User -> Log off